Monday 13 June 2011

Gossip......


So just to keep everyone up to speed with things. Firstly it's only 6 weeks until our big swim OMG! I'm starting to get rather apprehensive from time to time and last week I had to endure a mental battle with myself and for the first time I got really niggy in the pool (bad tempered for the non-welsh!). And to top it off I ended the week swimming in HPP regatta lake during an almighty thunder and lightening storm with hail stones the size of sprouts. Thankfully I live to tell the tale!

So following our 10 km swim at Eton I headed down to Cornwall with my family to do some sea training. This turned out to be a really valuable experience; the water temp was 11-12 degrees Celsius and the swell was massive! In fact Dave (my hubby) and GB marathon kayaker Big Matt were suffering from sea sickness whilst piloting me on one of my daily jaunts into the ocean. Anyway the conditions did settle during the week and the taste of salt water became bearable.

Kate has just returned from Norfolk and her sea training so we'll catch tomorrow for a full debrief. The River Trent is proving to be a great training venue; there seems to be less fleas and less swan poo, although our cossies have turned brown! Our usual Trent days are Monday and Friday mornings - entering the water at 6am. So please come and join us and I bet you'll be surprised how much you enjoy it.

And don't forget that we have our Teenage Cancer Trust fundraiser on 25th June at the Lady Bay pub - disco, karaoke and BBQ starting at 7.00pm. It would be great to see everyone there and the perfect opportunity for Kate and I to thank everyone in person for their support - it's been one hell of a life changing journey! Come on us - we can do it!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment