Sunday 4 July 2010

Outdoor Swimming Again!

Friday 2nd July - Kate and I embark on another 2000 metres or so at Holme Pierrepont regatta lake.....in bathers again whilst every other normal swimmer around us is dressed in a wetsuit. This always gets my back up! I'm particularly apprehensive because the weather has been unusually dry and sunny which has caused a truly amazing amount of weed build up in the lake.

The following pics sum up my mood perfectly! Anyway, we just get on with it...again in true Just and Kate style and I attempt to hang onto turbo charged Kate, who is swimming like a demon at the moment...go on Kate!


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhL_-YEIel7ca3G2D7Nd1xtPSLA49MlTz0H4VFasWaGaXwHXyftvrzhSSLEMxzmhWko6lXJWuxjE4Tn9sC6nIbKXlnfJCU94ERrWY_BBETFm_LZF4mS7lTuxomsVz7uKnlB19JMdpULq58m/s1600/IMG_0186.JPG">



The great thing is that we had moral support on the embankment in the form of Dave, Emma, Mai and Efan. Both Kate and I found this very comforting despite my near drowning episode with the biggest and most flee invested clump of weed, going unnoticed. How rude! Anyway the water was warm and the swimming was fairly pleasant. The feedback from our onlookers although suggested that I need some form of SAT NAV to keep me going in a straight line and Kate could do with improving her bilateral breathing....Dave's suggestion Kate....but what does he know!


So all in all and a can on coke later, to neutralise the wonders of the Trent, along with a few cheeky glasses of red wine much much later, we live to tell the tale. RESPECT Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment