Monday 6 December 2010

Training with a world champion!

So kate's been wheeling and dealing again and has organised our pool training sessions for the next 6 weeks with Nottingham's very own Nick Dunn - current World Champion Triathlete. How lush is that.....? Anyway unfortunately Kate has been claimed by a nasty bug so I'm in the pool this week on my own with Nick - so I thought I would blog my sessions and experiences........ as to be honest I'm a little nervous!


So session 1 consisted of 25 x 100:

5x100 F/C with fins @ 1.30
5x100 F/C pull @ 1.40
5x100 F/C full stroke @ 1.30 - 1.40
5x100 F/C pull float and paddles @ 1.40- technique focusing on elbow pop
5x100 F/C full stroke starting @ 1.40 - technique focusing on consistent leg kick
Cool Down

Great session, although tough going in places and my lungs were burning. I hate F/C off 1 minute 30 secs - it makes me want to puke! Also my weakness believe it or not is full stroke with a decent leg kick. Therefore, Nick very generously, is going to work on my technique which I thought was sound but it's not! Damn! But I'm ready and eager to learn even at the age of 38!

So I'm less nervous about tomorrow as it's "Technique Tuesday" (Nick's phrase which I've stolen), which means lots of drills focused on my arm pull under the water. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment